Thursday, 20 September 2012

Action Plan for Personal Development

Progression Options

BA Games?
If I was to do BA for games I would like to focusing on concepts for games and maybe storyline/narration rather then coding side of the games aspect.

Graphic design and print?

My Action Plan for Personal Development

College Work-

This year I would like to become better organised and keep track of work and work that needs to be completed.
How to achieve this -
To achieve this I have brought myself a diary and a note book. Each day I plan what I am doing, make notes on what the days lesson was on and and any work I need to complete. I also brought a note book to make notes in classes and to write up drafts of written work rather them using word just so that I will always have work even if the computers where to fail.

I would like to be able to get all of my work from my past year up to a distinction grade or merit.
How to achieve this -
I can achieve this by looking through my past units of work on MIS Student Portal - assessment tracker.
This will show me the P, M, D criteria for each unit, using this information I can update my blog and complete past work to achieve higher grades
The 3 main units I would like to focus on is -
Communication through art & design
Contextual Influences in art & design
Interactive media Authoring  
To get these unit to a distinction grade I will need to read the comments and feedback from my lecturers and finish off tasks

Drawing for games-

I would like to progress in my drawing skills both digitally & traditionally.
How to achieve this -
I can achieve this by using and practising with a digital tablet in my own time. Also I can improve on my traditional drawing skills by researching the form of certain shapes and practice my technique of drawing them.

Graphics -

I would like to further my Photoshop skills to be able to use the program to the best of my ability.
How to achieve this -
I can do this by experimenting with Photoshop and also looking up tutorials on-line to give me inspiration and the techniques to add and improve to my portfolio.

I would like to greatly improve my understanding of coding and script.
 How to achieve this -
I can do this by studying code more closely and approaching my lecturers if I don't understand a part of the script to ask for help to understand when I need it to.





     




No comments:

Post a Comment